Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yes.....we are home! (last week...)

Delayed post but yes, we are home! We FINALLY were discharged on Wednesday afternoon! Final diagnosis was tacro toxicity. YIKES! We certainly do not want that to happen again! Not good. God has sure allowed Lindsay to jump her hurdles and for that, we are thankful.
I had Lindsay Baskets ready to go before we needed to head to the hospital but didn't have time to load them up. So, when JR came back to the hospital to pick up Lindsay and myself, he was great enough to bring the baskets! So, I was able to finish assembling them right in her hospital room and then wheel them down to POD A for the nurses to deliver. Delivering them to the unit never gets old. While our stay at Mott, we heard at least four heart warming stories about the baskets and the families and it warms my heart that they are loved so much! Those stories just give more even more motivation to keep on giving back!
As you can see, Lindsay got a little visitor while we were there. Ahhhhh, Tommy and Lindsay Schomaker..........we may just see that on paper someday ;-) He says that we will! lol Thank you for the visit Colleen and Tom!
Here is Lindsay playing "doctor". She is getting pretty good at listening. Maybe someday she will!













Oh.....thank goodness for the Christmas gift! ;-) What could be better passing the time at the hospital? Comfy pillow, watching Ni Hao Ki Lan, and eating cheese popcorn!







I had a lot of anxiety while hospitalized. Shocker, I know! Not only did we stay longer than expected, but we got discharged the afternoon before I was to get on a plane from Detroit to South Carolina!














I was so afraid that they weren't going to let us go on Wednesday. Thank goodness that it worked out because spending time with these lovely ladies was incredible and just what this momma needed! Time away in Charleston is always fun and we sure did make the most of it! We laughed, cried, ate....allot!, and certainly relaxed. We all deserved it and I'm thankful that everything worked out

as we planned. Thank you soooo much to Rebecca and Danielle!
Enjoy some of the photos that I captured while sightseeing in one of my very favorite cities!

5 comments:

ShannonLeideker said...

So happy Lindsay is home! Love the pictures of Charleston!

The B Family said...

She is the CUTEST thing ever! I just love those pictures of her...and with sweet Tommy! Oh my! ;)
Okay...I was thinking my pics were pretty good until I saw yours...love them all! You need to copyright those babies! Can you send me a pic of us in email? I want to get that one printed!
I miss you so much already! Can't my best friends live just around the corner??? One day...and then we'll all be together!

I love you and praise GOD for the forever friend I have in you!

Danielle @ Living Out Loud said...

Wow! Those pics are incredible! I love them all! Thanks for posting the remembrances from a very fun and special weekend! Love you!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful that they were able to pinpoint exactly what the problem was. She is in such excellent hands in more ways than one.
Love your gorgeous photos from your trip! The clarity, lighting and angles are so spectacular. What type of lens were you using?
Loved the miracles sign.....bet it made you grin.
Thanks for sharing.
Lynda

Anonymous said...

We don't know each other - but I am so very sorry to read of your daughter's passing. As a mom myself, I cannot even imagine the pain you are going through. Your family is in my prayers.