Hello to all of you!
I'm going to do my best to update you on what's been going on. Suzie continues to be at Cruz's bedside, Cole got passed off from Don and Sue back to Bill and me, and JR continues to be in charge at the U of M with Lindsay. Cole goes to young 5's right at the end of our street and Stephanie Winter is picking him up and dropping him off or either Bill or I can do that so he won't miss any school. (Trying to keep some normalcy for him)
We left Bronson shortly after 12m with Cole in tow. We stayed with Cruz so Suzie could run home and get another change of clothes. It's difficult for her to get a chance to even leave his bedside, 'cause now she is all he wants! Suzie and Cruz had visitors last night. Fellow stalkers and two of our great friends, Tina and Elaine were able to meet each other as they stopped up to give Suzie some support.
This morning's update is: Cruz now has strept throat. Dr. Sommer's was in this morning and said that she's never seen this before...Usually stept throat preceeds mono...Bill and I had looked that up on the internet after we had him at ER a week ago today. His stept test was negative at that point, but the mono test was positive. The good news is that the antibiotic that they have had him on IS the correct antibiotic to treat the strept. So they made a great call to use that one.
Meanwhile in Ann Arbor......
JR oversaw (not visually) a heart cath on Lindsay yesterday which indicated that the pop off vein had gotten much bigger over the last 24 hours. The Dr's coiled it in order to stop the blood flow to the heart. This blood flow is suppose to go to the lungs after this 2nd surgery. As soon as they inserted the coil, Lindsay's oxygen level increased significantly!
The conversation between the surgeon and JR, after this proceedure, concerns us because the Dr. is hoping that this works because the alternative (putting in another shunt) doesn't look good. The Dr. indicated that he doesn't think that Lindsay's heart would tolerate another shunt. We are wondering if another alternative might be to put her on a list for a transplant? We wait to see..........
Our prayers are: Lindsay needs to tolerate her feeds in order for them to be able to start the Viagra. This is her best chance to overcome her issues. We also need NO MORE POP OFFS!!! Her oxygen levels need to stay improved! We pray that Cruz continues to improve so that Suzie can be back with JR, who must feel so alone over there by himself in Ann Arbor. If anyone has a day off, please call him to see if he wants company!
We continue to be and think positive, but I see Suzie becoming worn out. She still amaizes me with her strength and outlook. Let's all do our best to lift them up!
Heart hugs to all,