Monday, November 3, 2008

No News IS Good News!











Since I got back last night, Lindsay has made improvements. Especially today. She is still on the vent but the good news is that now she has really good warmth to her extremities which means that her body is letting that blood flow return and the infection seems to be decreasing. She is secreting an enormous amount of mucus which is a good sign that the infection is working itself out. I do have to tell you that when I felt her legs and arms this afternoon, it was like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. She was finally warm again and starting to become our baby again! She has a long way to go but we are taking steps in the right direction now. God is so good to us. We have dodged another bullet that realistically could have taken our baby away from us but the good Lord has pulled through for us once more. Keep praying for her. God is hearing every single one and is proving His almightyness!
On the medical side of things, she has been weened of her Dex and of her Dopamine today and seems to be handling that just fine. She still has morphine, milrinone, and antibiotics on board. She has started sprinting. The blood gases aftewards have been really good but they don't want to rush removing the vent. Lindsay likes to take her time and they are really beginning to understand her demands! ha! Looks like another day for the vent so maybe this time tomorrow, it will be gone. One step at a time.

As far as our weekend with the boys......was WONDERFUL!!!! They had so much fun Trick-or Treating and Cole was so excited to see us when we picked him up from school. His face was priceless. Then of course, I cried! I saw tears in Steph's eyes too. ;-) Beautiful moment to say the least. We took Cole out for lunch and later in the day, after he had is nap, we picked up Cruz. He was equally excited to see us. I cannot remember a Halloween with such perfect weather. Again, God was on our side again. Made it possible for all of us to have a Happy Halloween! JR stayed home and is now back to work. Fresh out of vacation time. Bummer.....I miss him here but he will be here again on Thursday evening and will be bringing the boys with him! I have to start thinking of things for them to do!

Again, as always, we appreciate from the bottom of our hearts, all of the love and support from family, friends, and complete strangers that check in on Lindsay. I know that you all think that we are strong but we wouldn't be as strong as we are if it weren't for all of you. You help us to stay positive in your messages and give us strength when we are feeling down. WE love you all and keep checking in on our princess. We love her so much!! Keep fighting pretty girl. There are lots of people that love you!!!!

Love, Suzie

12 comments:

Our Family said...

How wonderful that Lindsay is doing so well! I bet it made you feel so great today! I am glad that you guys were able to share special times with Cole and Cruz this weekend. They are the ones who will also help keep a smile on you faces (in addition to your strong little warrior). Still praying like crazy here in Tennessee!
Bernie

Patti said...

Thanks so much for the update. Glad to hear everything is going well...can't wait to see the princess again soon!

Take care,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzie,
I was so glad to finally see an update. I was hoping that things with Lindsay were okay and that you were just enjoying your time at home with the boys. Since you cried when you saw Cole I decided to cry too! I can't let you do that alone!!! The pictures of Lindsay on Halloween are adorable. She is starting to look much better. (Can't wait to get rid of the tubes though!). I'm sad to hear that JR has run out of vacation time, although on the bright side the boys will love having him home!!! I often worry about how they are doing but they are strong little guys too. Have a good week. Praying for you girls to be able to go home soon. This stay has lastest way too long!

Love ya!
Alison

Anonymous said...

It's me again...I just read the newspaper and saw the picture of Lindsay and the story about the fundraiser. It was in the Hometown Gazette. Way to go! You have a celebrity now. Watch out Holleywood!

Alison

Maggie Geiger said...

It is so nice to hear that the Princess is doing better. I can't imagine how difficult is has been for you guys. Every time I'mlaying with my kids I think of you. I know it sounds crazy, but your family has effected ours more than you will ever know.
We were very blessed with such a great day for Trick or Treating and I am glad that the boys enjoyed their time.

Hugs,
Dan,Maggie,Ben,& Alli Geiger

Anonymous said...

So glad everything is going better. Still praying!

The B Family said...

Lots and lots love you indeed! Lindsay looks just precious in her Halloween bow and socks! Praying for Lindsay Loo & her continued improvement...baby steps are tremendous answers to prayer! (Glad the docs are finally figuring out who's in charge there...the princess has her own agenda!)
Oh, Suzie, my heart soars for you and your beautiful time with your boys! Those moments are priceless...they are just beaming in their Halloween costumes!
God is so good!
Praying and holding you all so close to our hearts~ Rebecca

Lillian'sheart said...

Glad to hear she seems to be improving. God is amazing! He answers all of our prayers.

Thinking of you all and sending you healthy heart vibes.

Laura and Lillian

aimee gillespie said...

Well, now I'm even more glad that I didn't send Hannah to school with Cole and Garrett. Tears are rolling down my face right now just thinking of Cole's face when you picked him up. With Steph crying there as well, the three of us would have made for quite a blubbering mess!

I'm so glad to see that Lindsay is once again overcoming her hurdles. She is such a little fighter!

I also get the Hometown Gazette, so if you'd like a copy of the article, just let me know.

Love and Hugs,
Aimee and family

Stephanie said...

So happy to hear that Lindsay's improving!!!! Praying daily for her! Glad you guys had a good Halloween and got to spend it with your boys.

Love Lindsay's slippers! They're adorable :)

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I am glad to read that Lindsay is doing better daily. this is wonderful news.
glad you all had a great halloween together too...Lindsay is too cute in her socks and bow!!!!

Amanda Groulx said...

PHEW!!! I was going through lack of Lindsay updates detox--it was not pretty!! I'm better now and really glad that she is too.

Amanda