Well, things are getting a little better. When we got here this morning, her numbers had improved significantly. She has started weening dopamine and her oxygen. So far so good. It is just a long waiting game that unfortunately we are used to . The goal is to get off the vent within the next couple of days. Her x-ray from this morning did indicate fluid on the right lung so they have started the "pounding" process to try and release that fluid back into the body. She has done well with that so far so we will just have to see on the next x-ray on whether or not it has gone away. The fluid on the lung does indicate that she for sure aspirated. So, when she starts feeding normally after the vent is removed, we will talk further about surgery to try and stop that from happening. That will be a few days away though. Maybe by the end of the week we will have a plan. Again, please pray that Lindsay will get off of the vent soon. It is just killing us to not be able to snuggle with her. We were certainly getting used to that!
Talk again very soon-