Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tissues for this one.......I am warning you!!!!!

A very sweet heart mom, Stephanie Husted (Braeden's mommy), wrote this beautiful poem in remembrance of Ethan and his special bond with Tommy.......and Lindsay too for a short while. Remember that I warned you about the tissues........;-) (sorry the format didn't copy and paste correctly....)

There were two very special friends,Two hearts that life connected,They shared not only hopes and dreams,But a bond that most never suspected.You see these two brave little boys,Were friends right from the start,As both of them came into this world,Bearing a most special heart,They shared a bond quite unlike most,,They shared laughter galore,Syringe fights...and encouragement,But this story holds so much more...As both were born with broken hearts,That just didn't work as they should,They'd lived this way for all their lives,But had learned how to cherish the good,They brought the gift of precious hope,To many, I've no doubt,And their lives have reminded me,What friendship is about.But then the saddest thing occurred,As Ethan grew more tired,And many prayed he would get well,As his life had left them inspired.But heaven became Ethan's home,And God welcomed him with a smile,He told Ethan, how loved he was,Then He said, "You have faced quite a trial".And as the angels took his hand,To the place where all God's children play,Ethan turned to God and said,"Please don't forget Tommy, okay?"."He's waiting for a perfect heart,That only You can send,Will you make sure he gets it?He's been such a good friend.God took Ethan's hands in his,Compassion on His face,Your heart is whole now Ethan,You've shown amazing grace.Your footprints will remain on earth,With those you've had to part,Your presence will remain with them,Your friend will get his heart.Some things must come through hardship,Through patience, hope and strife,That's why it is miraculous,To get the gift of life."And Lindsay", Ethan whispered,She needs a new heart too,God just smiled and then He said,"I'll see what I can do".God sighed right then, I'm certain,Touched by this bond of love,I do believe he answered prayer,Sending Tommy new life from above.And Ethan played a special role,From behind heaven's scenes,And I remain reminded,Just what true friendship means.And miracles can still be found,Within Mott's prayer filled walls,The love of those within our hearts Still lingers, in these halls...

9 comments:

Lacey said...

Hey girl, please please email me so I can get your blankie out. For some reason when I email you it is not going through, it gives me a message saying it won't go.
laceyrugg@hotmail.com

The Dreier Family said...

That is so beautiful. I shouldn't have read it at work. You warned me about the tissues though. How sweet.

The B Family said...

Tears are falling into my salad...that is absolutely beautiful!

(I have a doctor's appt in a couple of hours so I'm trying to be healthy...don't worry, rice krispy treats are on the menu for my afternoon snack! :))

I definitely am doing the ugly cry on that one...just precious and it holds so much truth!

Tommy and Lindsay's whole hearts are true gifts from Above!

The Shelley Family said...

Soooo Beautiful :) Thanks for sharing...and for the "good morning cry" lol

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. I know that Heaven is a much better place now.

Bianca said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I've been praying for your family and beautiful Lindsay. I have my own 'heart baby', Linden, who had OHS at 2 months old and will be having another OHS later this month at 9 months old. It's such a scary time.

Bianca

Melissa Gernaat (Coffman) said...

Yes you do need a kleenex when reading that. It is a very beautiful poem.
We are still praying for you
Princess Lindsay.
with love, Melissa and family

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY Love Aunt Retta and Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay, We've been following your beautiful progress for a while now & have been praying for Gods blessings on you & your family. That Ethan sure must have been a great friend to ask God to help you & I'm so glad He did. May He keep you in His hands for the rest of your long life & also grant your mom & dad peace & rest that only he can give.
- - - Don & Lisa Tuinier