The title says it all right now. Her EEG came back abnormal so she did end up having a head CT done this afternoon. (boy was that the sight seeing them maneuver the ECMO machine, her stretcher, the double IV pole, and the ventilator all at once!)That was a very scary thing for us because who knows what they would find in that scan. All we could do was pray that there wasn't any hemorrhaging and that we could just treat her seizure activity with medication. The results are not officially in yet, but report says according to our nurse this evening that there was not any hemorrhaging detected. THANK YOU JESUS! I do have to say that JR and I were about the most afraid of these results than any other thing that we have been through thus far. Our thoughts were..........we went through with this heart transplant so that she could have a good quality of life. If this was how it was to end up, then why did this angel heart go to her?? Then, we got our answer. So far, test results are ok but will know for sure when we get that "final" report from the neurologists in the morning. Please pray that they are as we think. Her chest x-ray this morning was MUCH better and I am anxious to see what it is in the morning because she looks so much better!!
Lindsay looks amazingly well after all that happened yesterday. She is nice and pink and her swelling has gone down quite a bit. She is peeing well, so no problem with her kidneys. WHEW! The new thing now is that she is hooked up to a EEG monitor for 24 hours so that they can video take and record any seizure activity if she has any. This way they can correctly medicate to where that activity is taking place......is how I understand it anyway. So, after everything is hooked up for that, she looks like she has a mummy head. I will try and post photos later. My computer won't upload right now for some reason.
The other news is that they decided to lower her pressures a bit on ECMO to see how her heart function was and she did as well as expected after all that she has been through. Dr. Crowley would like to have her off ECMO tomorrow. We are not getting our hopes up for that because Lindsay does do things in her own time. So, I will say she will be off either tomorrow or Thursday. To answer a question from a comment that was posted, yes, this means that she will be fine on her own off of ECMO if her function seems to be ok and her blood pressure stays high enough on its own. Again, she may need another day or two, but that is ok with us and the whole medical team.
Another added item is that I just wanted to share something awesome with all of you to prove what an incredible medical team that they have here at U of M. Although I have never seen anything like it in my life, but yesterday as everyone was working so diligently working on saving our daughter's life, I have never seen such an organized chaos!! It was absolutely incredible and not one person missed a beat. We are eternally grateful for every one's effort. God Bless you all!
Thank you once again for all of the continued prayers for our princess. She is proof that prayer works so we continue to march ahead. We are humbled.
With much love~
Please lift the Hagerott family up in your prayers this evening. Zachary will be having his hemi-fontan done in the morning. I saw him this evening and he looks just fantastic so I have positive thoughts going about this for him. His carepage is linked to Lindsay's so that you all can get into "stalker" status for him. Go Zachy Go!!!!!!