I received a call from the ICU around 12noon and they said that they were having a problem with Lindsay's blood pressure being too low. A decision was made to do an echo and they found a lot of dark area around her right atrium. Either one huge blood clot or a lot of smaller ones. So, Dr. Ohye came in and opened her back up bedside and removed MANY clots and also stitched a few things that may have been nicked during surgery that were still bleeding. So, when that was finished, Lindsay's pressure is right where it needs to be. Whew! We just got back again from seeing her and you thought she was a little feisty before, well, you should see her now! She is trying to wake up!! They also lowered the vent settings some more so maybe extubation tomorrow???? Let's not jump the gun with her and let her rest tonight has been the decision and we all agree!!! She is now getting, in addition to all of the other drips, an ativan drip because she keeps trying to escape and go play!!! Oh, she looks soooooo good!!!!!!!
I really need to take some time right now to extend our deepest sympathies along with great gratitude to our donor family. My emotions just take over me as I write how eternally grateful we are for them being so selfless in their decision to donate life and making it possible for us to have our princess. Please know that your baby will forever live on in Lindsay. We will love you forever!!!!!!!!
I will update again soon. (maybe not again tonight though unless something changes with her status)